Monday, October 11, 2010

My Apartment Never Smelled So Good!

I have made hundreds of dishes in this apartment, but no aroma from any of those dishes can compare to the amazing smell this chicken wafted out of the oven.  The marinade was, by far, one of the best marinades I have ever tasted.

Here in New York, Pio Pio is the place to go to for Peruvian chicken.
http://www.piopio.com/#/pio-pio-peruvian-restaurant-new-york-city
It is amazing, moist, succulent chicken served with delicious sides and a great sauce.  The dish I made tonight was not quite Pio Pio style, but just as good and had a lot of kick.  The marinade also made sure that the meat stayed moist - no risk of drying out even though it was white meat. I can't pinpoint the ingredient that sent this dish over the edge.  Was it the chipotle in adobo?  Honey?  Fresh lime juice?  White wine?

I gave up trying to figure it out and just enjoyed it.  I hope you do, too!

Peruvian-Style Chicken Breasts (courtesy of Weight Watchers)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 chipotle pepper from a can (en adobo)
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
2 teaspoons paprika
6 (8 oz) bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (I also scored them so the marinade would penetrate better)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1) Combine the wine, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, chipotle, honey, thyme, and paprika in a blender; pulse on high speed until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Reserve two tablespoons of the marinade and pour the rest into a zip-lock bag and add the chicken.
2) Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for 45 minutes.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.  Arrange the chicken on the pan and sprinkle with salt.  Baste the chicken every 10 minutes with the reserved marinade, cooking about 45 minutes.  Remove from the oven and brush chicken with all of the pan juices.

6 comments:

Reeni said...

This is just packed with delicious flavors Aimee! I can see why your house was smelling so good. Love the new look of your blog!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

That looks delicious. I don't remember the last time I saw a chicken breast. I usually buy them in Costco but I haven't been to Costco in months.

lisa is cooking said...

Sounds like a delicious marinade! Chiptoles can do no wrong.

Joanne said...

I love the smell of something cooking away in the oven. This marinade sounds fantastic. I need to check out that Peruvian place!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I love new ways to make chicken! It looks good, thanks!!

Cathy said...

I can imagine that your apartment did smell heavenly with all the wonderful flavors in this dish. Chicken breasts can sometimes be dry but your marinade has taken care of that. And I would love the chipotle kick.